Saturday 2 January 2016

THE BAD PEOPLE STOLE MY GOD by Doug Philips

The Bad People Stole my GodThe Bad People Stole my God by Doug Philips
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

BOOK DESCRIPTION: The true story of how a father, a son, a brother, a friend, a dog lover, a 40-year-Catholic, and a close personal friend of Jesus Christ became a full blown non-believer; but somehow remained a decent person.

MY REVIEW: This was a pleasure to read after the previous book I reviewed (Leaving the Quiet Room). There is nothing new in terms of the arguments offered against Christianity/religion. But Philips writes with great humour making this a fresh read. He takes the perspective a Catholic with a strong relationship with Jesus Christ and the “mistakes” he made in being seduced by the “bad people” atheists. (I kept thinking of C S Lewis’s The Screwtape Letters although Philips is not as profound.) It’s short, witty, and well paced and demonstrates empathy and respect for those who disagree with him.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment